- The application is online and it takes around 5 minutes to apply. It is free to apply. You must know your EIN, basic information about your business, and measure the length and width of the sidewalk in front of your business.
- If you have multiple businesses, you must apply for each address separately.
Any ground floor storefront business predominantly involved in the sale of goods and/or services directly to the public. Includes businesses engaged in retail trade (i.e. clothing and equipment stores, retail food stores, health and personal care stores) as well as repair stores, personal care services, and dry-cleaning and laundry services.
- You can display and sell goods outside, use A-frame signs, place temporary seating, place collapsible umbrellas with weighted bases and tents (these must be brought inside at the end of each day), lighting (as long as it doesn’t blind shoppers and it complies with FDNY codes), etc.
- Not allowed: amplified sound or outdoor heaters, personal care services (hair cuts, etc.)
- Please look at the full FAQ for more rules.
- Mon. – Sat. 8am – 11pm
- Sun. 10am – 11pm